Thursday, February 7, 2013

When all the noise is gone there is only God

All has been quite here lately.  The student village is like a ghost-town on the weekends because everyone goes home to work.  The relaxation of last weekend was welcomed though.  After a hectic first week it was nice that everything seemed to slow down a bit.  Megan, Stephanie, and I went exploring on Saturday and got to see Free Derry, the Bogside, and even explore Derry city centre and the lovely walls.  We explored all day and arrived back at the student village tired little puppies.

Sunday began with church at Christ Church which is a fairly large Church of Ireland, Protestant church.  The people were very welcoming and, though the service was slightly foreign I can see that becoming my home away from home.  The church was beautiful and the people were friendly and very welcoming.  I definitely look forward to going back.

It has been a quiet second week, lots of hanging out watching movies.  There have been a few runny noses and coughs, but we have become a little family and the local part of the family is taking quite good care of us.    I feel as if I've finally gotten into some semblance of a schedule where I'm actually getting a chance to have God time, work out, and even read.  I am going to be so spoiled with time when I do come home!

This weekend will hopefully bring with it more adventures.  We planned our weekends through March and there is a lot to be done!  Donegal and it's beautiful hill are calling this weekend, and I know that we will have an amazing time.  God is working in Ireland and it is amazing.  I am truly blessed to have this experience and I am thankful to God and the people who love and support me.  Hopefully I will remember/have time to post again before long!  Keep up with pictures on Facebook and I will try to post some of the best ones here as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment