Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Luck of the Irish

I'm not sure I will ever experience a St. Patrick's day that could top Sunday.  First off...St. Patrick's Day in Ireland is a big deal.  Even on a Sunday when the city is pretty much shut down for the majority of the day, the place was hoppin'.
I started my day off with church, which is fitting because it is the Feast day of St. Patrick.  I even got to sing what has become one of my favorite hymns...St. Patrick's Breastplate, or I bind unto myself today.  I learned a little about the real St. Patrick and then decided to head back to the flat to meet up with everyone else.
After changing into my green attire we all headed out to watch the parade.  The parade was lovely with lots of Irish dancing, what I'm assuming is the Irish version of bagpipes (which are Scottish by the way), and tons and tons of people.  After the parade we ventured toward the City Center to hear the open-air concert during which I decided that I could live in that moment and never leave.  The moment quickly passed though and we headed to the pub to toast to the day!
Overall it was a great day to spend with the wonderful people that I've met since I've been here.  We had great craic and I realized how luck I am to have such a great group of friends!
Now its time to get ahead on some work this week so that I don't have to worry about anything over Easter break.  Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment